Marketing and Communications Manager
Sissy Screens is a digital magazine dedicated to queer screen culture. We are a not-for-profit organisation and produced entirely by queer and gender diverse artists who are passionate about a platform to showcase various inspiring queer artists and their work. Launched in February 2020, we feature a range of photography, interviews, features, reviews, film/video and web-series. Please see the website to view the platform and read more about the team.
We’re looking for a passionate marketing and communications manager who is highly experienced in digital and social strategy to join the team.
Okay, but what’s involved?
– Developing a marketing and communications strategy that targets and grows the potential Sissy Screens audience across owned channels (ie, instagram, facebook, youtube, website, e-commerce).
– Engage media partners and supporters for collaborations and partnerships.
– Manage the social media manager to implement the marketing plan.
– Revise an input into the Sissy Screens style guide to ensue constant communications across all channels.
– Setting up content calendars based on the strategy, and scheduling out content.
– Running paid digital advertising across channels such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Google Search, from channel planning to implementation to reporting.
– Maintaining a media schedule, and working/reporting on advertising budgets.
– Offering new marketing opportunities, activations and ideas to the directors.
– Develop marketing campaigns around content, events, exhibitions, film launches, fundraising merchandise.
– Analytics & Monitoring: Mid-campaign reports with recommendations for improvements for the wider teams.
But what do I need to have:?
– 1+ years of digital marketing experience including paid advertising and organic social media for clients.
– Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager and Google Ads.
– Experience with Hootsuite or similar for scheduling.
– Experience with setting up and maintaining media schedules and content calendars.
– SEO & SEM experience.
– Experience with social media and digital advertising reporting.
– Examples of dynamic marketing experience across (and not limited to) fundraising, events, exhibitors, e-commerce, screenings etc.
– Passion for and knowledge of queer screen culture and LGBTQIA+ culture.
Nice to have but not essential:
– Agency experience.
– Experience managing a team.
– PR experience.
– Any partnerships and sponsorships experience.
– Ability to set up Google Tag Manager and conversion tracking.
– Experience with and/or established networks within publishing, film, events and/or queer organisations.
Who is telling me what to do?
You will be reporting to from either the Sissy Screens Organisation Directors & Editor and working closely with our Creative Director.
Any extra points which make my application even better?
Experience with publishing, film, fashion, magazines and/or queer organisations is ideal but not essential.
Send your CV, relevant examples of previous work and your day rate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check out our Instagram, Facebook and website before applying.